This year’s Scottish Trades Union Congress (STUC) Highlands and Islands Conference will be held tomorrow, Saturday 12 June in the Town House, Inverness.
The conference will examine the challenges and opportunities facing the Highlands and Islands as the area begins to emerge from recession.
Key note speakers at the conference are: • Grahame Smith, STUC General Secretary;
• Fergus Ewing, Scottish Government Minister for Communities;
• Willy Roe, Chair, Highlands and Islands Enterprise; and,
• Stuart Black, Director of Planning and Development, Highland Council
Workshop sessions will be held on; • Organising Women Workers
• Organising Migrant Workers
• Unions into Schools
The conference will close with a Q&A panel session involving the following MSPs:
• Mary Scanlon, Conservatives
• Dave Thompson, SNP
• Jamie Stone, Lib Dems
• David Stewart, Labour
Contact For further information please contact: Stephen Boyd 0141 337 8100