PACE: Partnership Action for Continuing Employment
PACE is a unique Scottish partnership initiative which provides support to employees when an organisation announces redundancies.
The initiative established by the Scottish Government is being delivered by Skills Development Scotland and supported by the STUC, offering a service to help individuals and businesses who are facing redundancy issues. Recent improvements to PACE have included the establishment of a dedicated helpline and an improved website which will open the services to more individuals and employers.
Skills Development Scotland and Jobcentre Plus will be working closely together to create a seamless service between skills development and employability support to minimise the time people affected by redundancy are out of work.
Are you facing redundancy or have you been made redundant?
PACE can help you to:
• find your way back to work, check what benefits you may be entitled to and help with job seeking
• access job vacancy information
• construct powerful CVs and application forms and prepare effectively for interviews
• identify future career and training options and the steps needed to achieve them
• access a wide range of Government funded career and training options and the steps needed to achieve them
• access a wide range of Government funded training in colleges, higher education institutions and training providers to improve your skills and increase your chances of finding work
• find out how to start up your own business
Are you an employer worried about making redundancies?
PACE can help your business to:
• identify alternatives to redundancy
• maintain and improve industrial relations
• access local support services
• support employees with tailored programmes to help them access jobs and training