This STUC conference on energy will examine these questions and more, with contributors including:
• Leading trade unionists from STUC, Unite the Union, UNISON, GMB, Prospect and RMT
• Roseanna Cunningham MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform
• Rebecca Long Bailey MP, Shadow Secretary of state for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (tbc)
• Stuart Haszeldine, Professor of Carbon Capture and Storage, University of Edinburgh
• Jan Webb, Professor of Sociology of Organisations and Project Lead, Heat and the City, University of Edinburgh
• Andrew Cumbers, Professor in Regional Political Economy, University of Glasgow
• Professor Karen Turner, Director of Centre for Energy Policy, University of Strathclyde, and Just Transition Commissioner
• Mark Lappin, independent energy consultant
• Mika Minio Paluello, Transition Economics
• Trade Unions for Energy Democracy and Public Services International Research Unit (tbc)
• Leading campaigners from Friends of the Earth Scotland, Get Glasgow Moving and WWF Scotland
With workshops and plenary sessions presenting a diverse range of views on energy, climate change and trade unionism, this is a conference for organisers as well as researchers and academics, and aims to bring together lay members, officers and experts from the energy sector and the wider trade union movement.
09:00 – 16:30, Wednesday 20 November 2019 The Lighthouse, Mitchell Lane, Glasgow,
Coffee will be available from 9:00 and lunch is provided.
Space is limited so please confirm your attendance by completing the attached registration and facilitation form and emailing Louise Ireland (email@example.com) or confirming attendance with myself no later than 1 November 2019. Please note the forms are designed for Union nominations but this conference is also open to academics, hence circulating this invitation to the STUC Research Network and a couple of other contacts.